HME Provider Accreditation
“HME Accreditation Simplified!™” maps accurately to the accreditation standards required by any of the CMS approved accreditation agencies.
This means that “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” works regardless of which accreditation agency you go through.
The reason why “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is the best accreditation manual for you is because of the unique features it provides as a complete accreditation toolkit.
No other accreditation manual will make your survey preparations easier than this one, …Nor is there any accreditation manual as complete as this one. It is fully customized for your business and provides great customer support which is often needed to get started right.
You get all of the unique benefits only available through “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” while paying much less than you would for other currently available accreditation manuals when you compare all features.
The best way to make a wise decision on which accreditation agency to use is to evaluate each of them carefully for yourself. Start by going to each of their websites. When visiting accreditation agency websites, keep the following important considerations in mind while evaluating them:
- Research each accreditation agency to get an overall understanding of their areas of emphasis. Some accrediting organizations focus more on the clinical aspects of your business, some on comprehensive homecare operations, and some focus more on your facilities. Determine which agency approach is a better match for your type of business.
- Decide which survey process is best for you. Not all surveys are conducted in the same manner. Agencies will vary with respect to methodology, expected time for survey and the requirement of a preliminary evidence report. Some agencies even have an unannounced survey while others do not. All of these aspects are important to consider. After careful consideration, one survey process out of all the others may clearly work best for your organization.
- Compare costs. Although price should not be your primary consideration, each agency prices their accreditation service differently. Learn about all of the costs that are involved throughout the accreditation process and beyond when you will have to get re-accredited.
When choosing the right accreditation agency for your company, it pays to do your proper due diligence.
“HME Accreditation Simplified!™” accreditation toolkit contains the following all updated to accurately reflect the latest standards:
- Policies and Procedures provided meets and exceeds CMS Quality Standards and meets all of the requirements for the accreditation survey from the following CMS approved accreditation agencies:
- Accreditation Commission for Healthcare, Inc (ACHC
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (THE JOINT COMMISSION)
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Healthcare Quality Association on Accreditation (HQAA)
- Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification (BOC)
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
- American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics, Inc. (ABC)
- The Compliance Team, Inc.
Instead of generic forms, these Policies and Procedures are specifically tailored by us to accurately fit your particular company operations and can be printed out for immediate use.
- Ready-to-print comprehensive Job Descriptions are tailored to your specific organization by us from the job titles you have in your company. Also included are competency and assessment tools.
- All-inclusive Performance Management Program that will guide you in establishing your quality improvement committee. Suggestions for quality improvement indicators are also included.
- Your definitive guide for overall Patient Care will be found in the provided Clinical Patient Care Section which includes clinical records management, clinical care regulations and qualifications, clinical care procedures, and patient safety procedures that all meet CMS standards and standards from the CMS approved accreditation organizations such as ACHC, THE JOINT COMMISSION, CHAP, HQAA, and the rest.
- You get an Equipment Management Program that includes all industry regulations, an Inventory Management Section, maintenance and repair methods, and all record keeping standards for compliance with the accreditation agency standards.
- All the details you will need to track and collect required data for your Accreditation Survey are supplied for the areas of:
- Patient Information,
- Quality Improvement Tracking,
- Maintenance Tracking, and
- Inventory Tracking.
- “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” divides by sections all the provided Policies, Procedures, and Forms for you to easily follow step-by-step each accreditation agency standard.
Additional specialty area modules are also available as fully integrated add-ons to the manual for business operations beyond the scope of general Home Medical Equipment.
Specialty area optional add-on modules include:
- Clinical Respiratory Care module
- Liquid Oxygen Services module
- Mail Order Medical Supply Provider module,
- Rehabilitation Technology Supplier module, and
- Fitter Services module.
… and each specialty module above is designed to meet and exceed CMS standards and meet all of the requirements for the CMS approved accreditation agency standards used during accreditation surveys.
Note: When ordering, please select only the specialty area modules that will apply to your company during your accreditation survey. Your survey will require that your manual accurately reflect your existing company operations. Each additional specialty module chosen is intricately integrated into the logic used throughout the entire text of the manual. However, modules can be easily added or deleted as needed to/from your manual at any time using the flexibility of the Subscription Service which can be purchased as an option with your manual.
Optional Subscription Service, purchased optionally with your manual, is also available to allow you to recreate and download on demand your entire manual that reflects the latest updates from the industry standards and your latest changes to your online company profile information.
Subscription service is the easiest way for you to maintain important updates to your manual and all of its components. With subscription service you only have to update your company profile to keep your manual current with all new national standards or any updates you make to your online company profile. This eliminates having to manually hunt throughout the entire document text to make any update changes.
For your convenience your subscription will automatically renew on a monthly or annual basis (your choice) and you may unsubscribe to the subscription service at any time.
The entire accreditation toolkit is continually updated to conform with all current industry standards.
If you purchase the Subscription Service option (when you purchase your manual), you will be able to regenerate on demand your manual and all of its components fully updated for download to your computer at any time ongoing. Every time you automatically regenerate your manual using the Subscription Service, it will be created automatically with all of the latest industry standards updates and with all of the latest changes you have made to your online company profile data. We’ll also send you an email indicating when we have updated the manual to accommodate new changes to the national and accreditation agency standards so you will know when regenerating your manual within the Subscription Service will produce an updated document.
This means you only have to update your online company profile to be assured that your customized manual is fully updated throughout the text of the manual. Purchasing a Subscription Service with your manual assures you of the easiest way possible to keep your manual current on an ongoing basis.
For your convenience, the Subscription Service is automatically renewed on a monthly or annual basis (your choice). When you order Subscription Service with your manual, you can use the Subscription Service right away but your subscription recurring billing will not start for 6 months – giving you 6 months of FREE subscription service. You may cancel your subscription service at any time by just giving us a call.
Purchasing the Subscription Service at the time you purchase your manual and keeping your monthly or annual subscription active will allow you to have a current and up-to-date manual ongoing …even when you have to get re-accredited in three years without having to buy another Policy and Procedure manual (thus saving your money).
Yes, it is. “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” comes with all of the components that you need: Policies and Procedures, Forms, Job Descriptions, Employee Handbook, and more, completely tailored to your specific business.
In addition, you get a comprehensive Performance Management Program, a Clinical Patient Care Plan, a complete Equipment Management Program and all of the Special Forms you need to track and collect required data for:
- Patient Information
- Quality Improvement Tracking
- Maintenance Tracking, and
- Inventory Tracking
You even get a tailored Organizational Chart that reflects your specific company and personnel structure.
Once you have successfully completed your company profile which is needed to customize your manual to the particulars of your company, your manual with all of its components will be immediately sent to you.
We could send the manual immediately after submission, but instead we will take the time to review it first before we send it so as to ensure accuracy. If we see something that is not quite right that needs further discussion we will call you to discuss what might need to change in the data you provided in your company profile.
We don’t just send it off without taking the time to personally review your manual first. Sometimes the manual needs tweaks to the company profile data to make the manual more accurate so that you are better positioned for a successful survey. The manual you will receive is truly accurate and personalized to your company.
A lot! Let’s put it this way… When “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” was first being created the author spent several hundred hours completely dedicated to carefully translating each industry standard into a specific procedure to follow or a special tool to use for facilitating how they should each be properly implemented to pass the survey process… and he’s an industry expert who has spent years helping to write the actual industry standards in the first place!
Doing yourself what he has already done for you is not recommended, unless you have employees you can assign to compile the mountain of needed information for you and are also standards experts. Even if you could hire an expert to compile this same information for you, you would end up having to pay many thousands of dollars to come even close to what is already contained in “HME Accreditation Simplified!™”.
Therefore, it simply is not practical for most HME companies to attempt to duplicate these efforts and try to interpret on their own how to implement the accreditation standards when it has already been done for you. Leveraging his efforts by using “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is the least expensive way to capitalize on this special knowledge to assure that you will complete your accreditation survey without complication or frustration.
“HME Accreditation Simplified!™” will reduce or even eliminate the need for consultant services. Following “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” will give you everything you need to be ready for your survey. However, after carefully using all of the tools we have provided, if you still would like to get consulting to provide extra help, it is unlikely that you would need more than a day or two of consulting time as a result.
“HME Accreditation Simplified!™” comes with a free 30-minute phone call with one of my accreditation experts to assure you have a successful start with implementing your manual correctly.
There are three main differences that distinguish “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” from all the rest of the other manuals currently available.
- “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is the most comprehensive accreditation manual you can buy in the industry today. No other accreditation manual even comes close to matching the breadth and depth of its content.
“HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is not a newcomer to the marketplace. It was first developed in 1997 and has been meticulously improved and updated to meet industry standards ever since.
We have checked and compared the other manuals that we know about that are also available today and we have concluded that “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is the best manual you can use hands down.
- “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” provides you with content that is individually customized to the unique aspects of your particular HME business. Before we ship the manual out to you, it will be customized to contain your specific company information and unique business operations details. It will arrive to you with all Policies, Procedures and Job Descriptions, Employee Manual, etc. specific to your business ready to be printed out. This is not a generic manual but instead a customized manual tailored individually to each HME business that gets one.
- Exceptional customer service is a unique feature provided automatically with “HME Accreditation Simplified!™”. Not only is this accreditation toolkit specially tailored to your company operations, it is also thoroughly reviewed by an accreditation expert for accuracy before you receive it. In addition you will receive a free recorded interview with a current accreditation surveyor explaining about what accreditation pitfalls to avoid, …you also receive a free 30-minute phone consultation with an industry expert on how to get started correctly with your manual while getting any initial questions answered that you might have. Finally, the product is backed by a money back guarantee.
We make it easy for you. When you purchase, you will be asked to fill out a simple company profile form that will tell us all we need to know to accurately customize “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” to the special particulars of your company. Having an accreditation manual that is already tailored to your company saves you time, effort, and money.
Each accreditation toolkit is guaranteed, if “HME Accreditation Simplified!™” is used in good faith as prescribed by its contents and as a result of using the manual you still don’t complete a successful survey, you can receive a full refund of the purchase price upon return of the package.
Nobody has a guarantee like that! This guarantee essentially removes all risk to you.
Yes, most HME companies really do need one. Here’s why… Although, each of the accreditation agencies provide some materials for you to get started with the accreditation process, these materials usually contain only the industry standards for you to read, interpret, and understand on your own. Then you must try to follow them the best you can within your company without any further guidance.
Fully understanding what each requirement in the standards entails and then implementing those industry standards properly is no small task! Having a good accreditation manual takes the guess work out of knowing not only what to implement, but more importantly, how to properly implement what will be required of you during the accreditation survey.
Bottom line: The accreditation agency’s materials will tell you what industry standards you need to follow, but a good accreditation manual will show you much more, that is, how to properly follow each standard.
Knowing how to clearly follow the accreditation standards from the very beginning will save you substantially in both time and money while preparing for your survey.